Tuesday 24 December 2013

Hello!

I have been promising myself (and others) for a long long time that I will set a proper blog up for all of my work and things. I used blogger for a couple of projects last year (see here, if you want) and am currently on a private Wordpress thing which I haven't decided if I am loving or hating yet.

Anyway, less than a week into the Christmas break, it is my second year and I am bogged down. I have only two modules at the minute, and they're equally as exciting/time consuming.

I've spent the last two days working flat out on a brief called Envisioning Information. We have looked into the world of infographics and data visualisation and off the back of my summer of adventuring/catching a lot of trains I was inspired to turn the idea of train journeys into a story. I'm intending on telling that story by using colours to map the journey. When I first started, so many people said 'oh I know that journey so well' that I wanted to recreate it differently, but still in a way that they would recognise the journey. I'm sort of half way to doing it now, just working on the colour palette that I will eventually use to create this map.

And here I am on Christmas Eve knee deep in Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment